The reusable sprout bag measures:
Height – 15cm
Width – 16cm
Contents: hessian grow bag, seeds, instructions.
How to get started:
- Sterilise your bag. Boil water and place the bag in boiling water for 5 minutes. Then hang it up to dry.
- Soak seeds for 8 – 12 hours overnight. Rinse the seeds well after soaking and then place them in the sprout bag.
- Dip the whole bag into a bowl of water for about 30 seconds and then hang it on a hook or dish rack for the water to run off.
- This sprout bag drains completely within 5 minutes after dipping the bag in water. Water will not collect in the bag.
- Dip your bag in water twice a day and you will be ready to harvest within 3 to 5 days.
After your sprout harvest:
Turn the bag inside out and remove all shells and seeds. Hand wash the bag in warm tap water. Do not use soap as it will remove the natural oils from the hessian fibres. You are now ready to reuse. Every so often, sterilise your sprout bag again in boiling water.
LOVE THE PLANET
Our courier service is The Courier Guy and their rate within the Cape Town area is approximately R55 for an A3 size bag or medium sized box. Countrywide deliveries are usually between R120 and R175, depending on your area and size of your parcel. Collections are by appointment only from our offices in Kirstenhof.